Frequently asked questions
Questions and answers
The debt can be paid at:
- Self-service portal https://gelvorasergel.lv/portals
- Any commercial bank in Latvia;
- Post offices of Latvia (a possible delay of the payment to our bank account has to be taken into account);
- Your Internet bank (the customers of AS Swedbank are asked to use the defined payment).
NB! The debt recovery case number must be specified in the purpose of the payment.
The payment should be made to the account specified in the warning letter of SIA GelvoraSergel or to the current account of AS Swedbank LV46HABA0551039500305.
The debt recovery case number is a 6-digit identifier, which allows identifying the specific case of debt recovery. The number of the debt recovery case is also specified in letters.
We issue confirmations only to debtors whose creditor is SIA GelvoraSergel. The issue of confirmation is a paid service of EUR 10.00 (including VAT). Once the payment for the service has been made, a written statement is sent to your address verifying the extinguishment of the debt and that there are no claims of a material nature against you.
- The debt must be paid within 30 days after the date of dispatch of the letter, if you do not contest the existence and the amount of the debt, and timely payment of the entire amount is possible.
- We ask you to contact us immediately for discussion of the fulfilment of obligations, if you do not contest the existence and the amount of the debt, but timely payment of the entire amount is not possible.
- If you disagree with the existence or the amount of the debt, a reasonable claim with the copies of specific documents must be submitted within 21 days after the receipt of the letter.
Yes, the debt may be paid by instalments by previously arranging it with the debt recovery specialist responsible for your debt; however, we ask you to evaluate the possibilities to pay the debt within the shortest period possible since payment by instalments may increase the costs of debt management and the penalty and interest identified in your agreement.
We ask to carefully evaluate the possibilities for settlement of debt commitments and avoidance of further problems before making such a decision.
In case of failure to pay the debt, the following is to be taken into account:
- A possible increase in the amount of penalty;
- A possible increase in the interest;
- The data on your debt commitments may be included into the Credit Register of the Bank of Latvia;
- The data on your debt commitments may be included into the database of debt history of SIA GelvoraSergel;
- Judicial recovery of debts may be initiated.
In the databases of overdue payments, only information about the obligations of debtors that have been acquired through cession is included. In the database maintained by AS “Kredītinformācijas birojs”, data is entered if at least 60 days have passed since the first payment delay, and the debtor has been informed about data entry to AS “Kredītinformācijas birojs” ar least 30 days prior.
Whereas, in the database maintained by Latvijas Banka (Kredītu reģistrs), information about the debtor’s obligations arising from a loan agreement is entered if at least 60 days have passed since the first payment delay, and the debtor has been informed about data entry to Kredītu reģistrs beforehand.
- Your creditor has entered into an agreement and authorised SIA GelvoraSergel to represent its interests, therefore, further debt recovery is performed by us.
- Your previous creditor has ceded your debt commitment; hence, the right to claim the repayment of debt has been transferred to SIA GelvoraSergel.
The Civil Law regulates the process of selling the right to claim or cession. In the process of cession, the right to claim the debt is purchased, resulting in the change of the debtor’s creditor. The new creditor is entitled to demand the debtor to fulfil all the debt commitments arising from the agreement with the previous creditor.
Pursuant to Section 6 of the Law on Extrajudicial Recovery of Debt, the debtor has a duty to reimburse the expenses of debt management.